A fun way to make the most of winter in the city!
Great news: access to the outdoor gardens is free all season long! So come rediscover the Botanical Garden in its winter splendours, while enjoying some active outdoor fun!
The Montréal Botanical Garden invites cross-country skiers to enjoy your favourite sport on its three kilometres of groomed cross-country ski trails, naturally! From sunrise to sunset, you can follow the snowy trails that wend through the Arboretum. If you’d like a longer route, the trails connect with the ones in Maisonneuve Park.
A few rules and some practical information:
- To protect the plants resting beneath the snow, please remain on the trails at all times.
- Snowshoeing is strictly prohibited anywhere in the Garden, as are ball sports.
- There are no ski rentals at the Garden or at Maisonneuve Park; in addition, none of the pavilions other than the Tree House are staffed.
- For snow conditions, consult the city of Montréal website – click on the Rosemont–La Petite-Patrie borough and go to the cross-country ski conditions page.
- There is a charge for parking.