Blooms of the week
Week of January 9, 2023
Week of March 27, 2023Week of March 20, 2023Week of March 13, 2023Week of March 6, 2023Week of February 27, 2023Week of February 20, 2023Week of February 13, 2023Week of February 6, 2023Week of January 30, 2023Week of January 23, 2023Week of January 16, 2023Week of January 9, 2023Week of January 2, 2023Week of December 26, 2022Week of December 19, 2022Week of December 12, 2022
- Insectivorous plants in the terrarium.
- Flowers: red ginger, pendent heliconia, bird of paradise, and more.
- Fruits: screw pine, Christmas palm
Tropical Rainforest Greenhouse
- Flowers: several bromeliads and orchids, spider lily, Mexican shrimp plant, queen's spiderwort and more.
- Colourful leaves carpet the ground and Spanish moss serves as a backdrop.
Tropical Food Plants Greenhouse
- Fruits: banana tree, papaya, citrus, coconut palm, naranjilla, starfruit tree, akee, jackfruit tree, Malabar spinach and more.
- Flowers: banana tree, rose-apple tree, soursop tree, and more.
Orchids and Aroids Greenhouse
- Spectacularly shaped and coloured orchids. Some are fragrant.
- Some aroids are also in bloom, such as tailflowers and peace lilies.
- Fascinating staghorn ferns and tree ferns.
- Plant walls.
- Blue strap fern with iridescent fronds and strange whisk-fern (terrarium).
Begoniaceae and Gesneriads Greenhouse
- Foliage of various shapes, textures and colours.
- Colourful blooms: begonias, goldfish plant, tree gloxinia, medinilla, passion flower, rhytidophyllum, Java glorybower, sinningia and more.
- Beautiful plant walls.
Arid Regions Greenhouse
- Flowers: crown of thorns, aloe, and more.
- Fruits: woolly-joint prickly pear, Barbados gooseberry
- Over 80-year-old elephant foot trees (next to the doors of the Hacienda).
- Flowers: wickerware cactus, bougainvillea and more.
- Fruits: wickerware cactus and silver cluster cactus
- Peeling bark of the fragrant bursera
Garden of Weedlessness
- Beautiful penjings
- Flowers: winter jasmine, wintersweet (fragrant), Banksian rose
Main Exhibition Greenhouse