Blooms of the week
Week of January 23, 2023
Week of June 5, 2023Week of May 29, 2023Week of May 22, 2023Week of May 15, 2023Week of May 8, 2023Week of May 1, 2023Week of April 24, 2023Week of April 17, 2023Week of April 10, 2023Week of April 3, 2023Week of March 27, 2023Week of March 20, 2023Week of March 13, 2023Week of March 6, 2023Week of February 27, 2023Week of February 20, 2023
- Insectivorous plants in the terrarium.
- Flowers: red ginger, pendent heliconia, bird of paradise, and more.
- Fruits: screw pine, Christmas palm
Tropical Rainforest Greenhouse
- Flowers: several bromeliads and orchids, Mexican shrimp plant, lollipop plant, queen's spiderwort, and more.
- Colourful leaves carpet the ground and Spanish moss serves as a backdrop.
Tropical Food Plants Greenhouse
- Fruits: banana tree, papaya, citrus, coconut palm, naranjilla, starfruit tree, akee, jackfruit tree, tree cotton, rice, miracle-fruit and more.
- Flowers: banana tree, rose-apple tree, soursop tree, Surinam cherry tree, and more.
Orchids and Aroids Greenhouse
- Spectacularly shaped and coloured orchids. Some are fragrant.
- Some aroids are also in bloom, such as tailflowers and peace lilies.
- Fascinating staghorn ferns and tree ferns.
- Plant walls.
- Blue strap fern with iridescent fronds and strange whisk-fern (terrarium).
Begoniaceae and Gesneriads Greenhouse
- Foliage of various shapes, textures and colours.
- Colourful blooms: begonias, goldfish plant, tree gloxinia, medinilla, passion flower, rhytidophyllum, and more.
- Beautiful plant walls.
Arid Regions Greenhouse
- Flowers: crown of thorns, aloe, and more.
- Fruits: woolly-joint prickly pear and Barbados gooseberry
- Over 80-year-old elephant foot trees (next to the doors of the Hacienda).
- Flowers: poinsettias, aloe, bougainvillea, and more.
- Fruits: wickerware cactus and silver cluster cactus
- Peeling bark of the fragrant bursera
Garden of Weedlessness
- Beautiful penjings
- Flowers: winter jasmine, wintersweet (fragrant), common camellia, Banksian rose
Main Exhibition Greenhouse