The Jardin botanique de Montréal is among the largest and most beautiful institutions of its kind in the world. We invite you to enjoy their fabulous collections, blooms and displays, along with the calm, peaceful atmosphere.
We would ask you to kindly respect the few rules below – they are intended to protect the habitat for the plants and animals that make their homes here. The rules will also guarantee you a very enjoyable, safe visit.
- Dogs and other pets are not allowed on Garden property, with the exception of service dogs and guide dogs, which may accompany their owners everywhere. Fostered guide dogs are allowed only on the access road. Proof of the dog’s status may be required.
- Bicycles, skateboards, scooters and in-line skates are prohibited.
- Ball sports, snowshoeing and other sports are prohibited, with the exception of cross-country skiing. Note that skiers must stay on the marked trails.
- No one may pick any plants, seeds, fruit or vegetables.
- No one may catch any animals including insects.
- No one may feed or harm any animals or destroy their nests or shelters.
- No one may climb on or damage any of the trees, works of art or buildings.
- The use of tripods or monopods is not allowed in either the greenhouses or the outdoor flower beds.
- Authorization must be obtained for any commercial or professional filming, recording or photography.
- Picnics are allowed only in the designated picnic areas. Barbecues, coolers, folding chairs, hammocks, lawn blankets or other picnic equipment and sunbathing are all prohibited.
- Jogging is allowed only on the access road. Joggers must never block visitor traffic
- Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times, and bathing suits are not acceptable.
- Swimming, wading and fishing in the fountains and ponds are all prohibited.
- Radios and musical instruments are prohibited unless special authorization has been granted.
- Motor vehicles are prohibited, with the exception of authorized motor vehicles and adapted motorized equipment (e.g., wheelchairs).
- No plants or animals may be brought onto Garden property.
- Littering is prohibited. All garbage must be disposed of in the designated containers.
- Drawing and painting, including watercolours, are not allowed in the greenhouses unless special authorization has been granted.
- Children under 13 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Unless special authorization has been granted by the Jardin botanique administration, no one may distribute, offer, display or sell services, items or merchandise of any kind.
- Eating and drinking are prohibited in the greenhouses, auditorium and library.
- Only alcoholic beverages purchased at the Garden may be consumed in the Garden restaurant, on the patio and in the Insectarium eating area. Alcohol may not be consumed anywhere else on the site.
- Begging and solicitation are prohibited.
- Aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is prohibited everywhere at the Jardin botanique, except in areas specifically designated for this purpose. Cannabis is strictly forbidden at all times on the site.
- The use of drones is strictly forbidden on, from or over the Jardin botanique site.
- It is forbidden to bring in fake weapons in the style of live action role-playing game (LARP) and cosplay on the grounds of the Jardin botanique.
The Jardin botanique thank you for your co-operation.