Health measures in place
We’ve put a number of health measures in place so that all our spaces comply rigorously with the protocol established by the public health department.
To help you properly prepare your visit in the current context, we ask you to take note of the following information.
In our concern to ensure a pleasant and safe visit for all, Montréal Space for Life appeals to everyone’s sense of civic responsibility and asks you not to visit the premises if:
- you have symptoms such as cough, fever, runny nose (unknown reason)
- you have difficulty breathing
- you’ve been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
I have a ticket for one of the Space for Life museums, what happens to my ticket?
It is currently impossible to know the duration of this temporary closure.
We have contacted all ticket holders to offer them the option of rescheduling their visit to a later date or receiving a refund.
I have a Space for Life passport, what will happen?
We will update passport holders on the situation once we have more details.
Jardin botanique’s outdoor gardens
Do I have to book my ticket online to access the Jardin botanique’s outdoor gardens?
No, in low season, access to the outdoor site is free of charge. Thank you for respecting the rules in force.
What activities can I carry out on the Jardin botanique's outdoor site?
Walking, bird watching and cross-country skiing if snow cover allows. Please stay on the open pathways. Snowshoeing is prohibited everywhere in the Jardin botanique.
Do I have to wear a mask in the Jardin botanique’s outdoor gardens?
No. However, social distancing must be respected.
Tips for visiting the Jardin botanique's outdoor gardens
- Breathing in some fresh air at the Jardin botanique de Montréal is like going to a museum!
- In order to protect the precious collections of plants and shrubs, it is prohibited to:
- Touch plants or climb trees;
- Walk a pet.
- Help us preserve this jewel by staying on the walking trails or the paved path (for jogging).
- Stay on the walking trails.
- Snowshoeing is prohibited.
- Sliding is prohibited. The use of sleds is only allowed on the main trail.
- Climbing on rocks, works of art and buildings is prohibited.
- Tree climbing is prohibited.
- Pets are not welcomed at the Jardin botanique.
- Biking is prohibited.
- Do not venture out on the lakes.